17. February 2009 16:39
.NET . ASP.NET
Finally there has been a window of opportunity to get the CMS->Web application complete.
Read my write up of what I’ve been up to with it here.
It uses WCF, LINQ to objects and a smart client windows forms application to publish item information from the catalogue management system in Quark Xpress format Oracle binary fields to a SQL server driven ASP.NET website.
This is version one and as always there are already some ideas on how it could be used to improve the experience of the site visitors. Already I’ve changed it to hot link product codes and “see index” to a search shortcut.
To be honest, I’m just glad that finally I have put this one to bed. From Delphi to .NET it has been many years sitting on floppy disks on the shelf but finally it is born to generate some more turnover that in the current environment has to be a good thing. It should also be a spring board to offering even richer information on the site!
Read about in part 1.